All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the origins and evolution of the systems engineering discipline and helps readers gain a personal familiarity with systems engineering experts: their experience, opinions and attitudes in this field This book is based on a qualitative study that includes dozens of in-depth interviews with experts in the systems engineering field. This book is broken into three main parts. The first part is a general overview of the systems engineering field. The second part discusses the changes the systems engineering discipline has undergone with the analysis as case studies of two significant Israeli defence systems projects: the IAI Lavi project and the Iron Dome project. The third part of this book contains interviews with rewned experts in the systems engineering field. This part is divided into five sections: systems engineering as the answer to the challenges of a complex techlogical world the aerospace industries; the development of systems engineering in the commercial and industrial worlds, and in complex civil systems; the impact of the accelerated development of the computing world on systems engineering processes; systems engineering and the academic world; and systems engineering in the world of training and consulting. This book presents the main insights derived from the interviews, and an analysis and discussion of the question of the relevance of systems engineering to the management world. Some highlights of this book are that it * Integrates the techlogical aspects with the behavioural aspects of the field * Serves managerial needs of engineering and management in general, so managers with technical background can derive kwledge from this book * Provides approaches for seeing beyond techlogy-understanding the mission Managing and Engineering Complex Techlogical Systems is a great resource on management for managers as well as systems engineers.
- Author BiographyAvigdor Zonnenshain is the Senior Researcher at The Gordon Center for Systems Engineering at the Technion, Haifa, Israel. He has a Ph.D. in Systems Engineering from the University of Arizona, Tuscon. Shuki Stauber is an author, researcher, counsellor, and journalist. He is also a senior management lecturer and has written twelve books and hundreds of articles.
- Author(s)Avigdor Zonnenshain,Shuki Stauber
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2015
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight546 g
- Width164 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.