All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGet 12 months FREE access to an interactive eBook* when you buy the paperback (Print paperback version only) 'Already a classic in its field, Managing and Organizations' success among teachers and students reflects its comprehensiveness and accuracy. A great handbook from which to teach management' - Dr Jose Bento da Silva, University of Warwick A realist's guide to management, the authors capture the complex life of organizations, providing t only an account of theories, but also an introduction to their practice with examples from everyday life and culture discussing the key themes and debates along the way. Intended as a 'travel guide' to the world of management, the content contains reliable maps of the terrain, critical viewpoints, with ways forward outlined, and an exploration of the oks, crannies and byways whilst still observing the main thoroughfares. This is a resource that will help navigate this world, encouraging the reader to explore t only the new, exciting and brilliant aspects, but also some dark sides as well. The new edition includes: * A new chapter on Organizational Conflict * Revised case studies examining key organizational issues and exploring diverse scenarios. * Even more examples and cases throughout covering the most current examples from the business world - e.g. Airbnb, Uber, Spotify. * A free interactive eBook* featuring author videos, web-links to news articles and Ted Talks, multiple choice questions, flashcards, SAGE journal articles and other relevant links, allowing access on the go and encouraging learning and retention whatever the reading or learning style. Suitable for students studying Organisational Behaviour, Managing People in Organisations and Introductory Management courses taking an Oorganisational Behaviour slant. (*interactivity only available through Vitalsource eBook)
- Author BiographyStewart Clegg is a prolific publisher of several hundred articles in leading academic journals in strategy, social science, management and organization theory; is also the author and editor of about fifty books, as well as a Fellow of the British Academy of Social Sciences, a Distinguished Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management, a Fellow of the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia, and the recipient of significant awards from the American Academy of Management for his contributions to management theory and practice. Martin Kornberger received his PhD form the University of Vienna in 2002. Currently he works as full time Visiting Professor at the Department of Organization, Copenhagen Business School. Trained as philosopher, he researches and teaches about practices of organizing, strategizing, accounting, and marketing, and explores how they shape, and are shaped by, the economy and society at large.
- Author(s)Martin Kornberger,Stewart R. Clegg,Tyrone S. Pitsis
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight1724 g
- Width195 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Other digital
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- groomy7423 Feb, 2017by
Included digital version with additional tools are very helpful and user-friendly. Can be accessed from any device including personal notes, highlights etc.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.