All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionCasebooks in public administration have become intensely sophisticated with complex scenarios, richly detailed multi-step simulations, and demanding role playing requirements. While these types of cases and exercises have their place, Managing in the Public Sector is a casebook designed with maximum instructor flexibility and student engagement in mind. Featuring cases brief eugh to be covered in the last few minutes of a class as well as those substantive eugh to last the entire hour, this book allows instructors to illustrate theoretical concepts, encourage active student participation, to make a transition between topics, or to integrate different approaches to administrative study. Retaining the first edition's use of focused, real-life-inspired cases to help elucidate the application of concepts for students, the second edition has been updated and revised throughout to include: * An expanded chapter on ethical analysis * A new section on how to make logical arguments * Thoroughly updated cases as well as many new contemporary cases * New chapter introductions featuring overviews of major leadership and ethical theories to provide students with the context they need * Discussion questions at the end of each case to facilitate critical analysis and classroom discussion * A cross-listing of all cases and subject matter in an appendix for quick topical reference. Now even more enmeshed in the literature of ethics, leadership, and public administration, Managing in the Public Sector, 2e provides authentic, hands-on experience of the decisions public administrators must face. It is an ideal casebook to supplement undergraduate and graduate public administration, leadership, human resource management, or administrative ethics courses.
- Author BiographyBrett S. Sharp is Professor of Public Administration and the Founding Director of Leadership Studies at the University of Central Oklahoma, USA. Grant C. Aguirre is Assistant Professor of Marketing in the College of Business at the University of Central Oklahoma, USA. Kenneth Kickham is Professor of Public Administration at the University of Central Oklahoma, USA.
- Author(s)Brett Sharp,Grant Aguirre,Kenneth Kickham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/10/2016
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white tables
- Weight294 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.