All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- Description'Each chapter in the book is firmly rooted in research and is well referenced as one would expect of such a book. It will be of particular use to people with an academic interest in this aspect of school management but will also be thought-provoking for those who are involved in the development of the curriculum within their institution' - escalate This book explores many of the new aspects of the core business of schools and colleges, that is, the curriculum. Keeping the focus clearly on learning and teaching, the contributors explore the practical issues for managers at institutional level, within the context of their need to understand and analyze key educational values and principles. Part One presents overviews of theories and models of curriculum, while Part Two examines how these are applied through planning, monitoring and evaluating. Part Three explores in detail the various managerial roles within schools and colleges from leaders to those responsible for cross-curriculum work and special educational needs. The fourth part discusses the importance of effectively managing resources for the curriculum - the environment, support staff and finance. Contributors use empirical research evidence to analyze current curriculum trends whilst proposing various new models which are likely to emerge in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyNeil Burton is Partnership Manager and Associate Tutor of education masters courses with the University of Leicester, having worked in teacher education for several universities for the past 20 years. He is a member of the editorial board of Education 3-13 and is a recent past Chair of the Association for the Study of Primary Education. In addition to working with several school-based initial teacher training providers, he also teaches children (6-18 years-old) in schools on a regular basis for the joy of it.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleCentre for Educational Leadership & Management
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid Middlewood,Neil Burton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.