All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe city of Manchester, once kwn as 'the queen of the cotton cities', has seen many changes over the course of the last centuries - from the boom years of the Industrial Revolution, through the destruction of the Second World War, and onwards to post-war and early twenty-first century expansion and regeneration. In this captivating selection of fascinating archive images paired with modern photography of the same scenes today, Chris Makepeace captures the changes that have taken place in Manchester in terms of its people, its society and its structure. Manchester Then & Now is the perfect book for anyone who loves the city of Manchester.
- Author BiographyChris Makepeace has a particular interest in the city s history from the mid-18th century onwards. He started work as a librarian with the Manchester Local History Library and more recently has been involved as an adult education tutor. He has written 29 books on the history of Manchester.
- Author(s)Chris Makepeace
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note90 colour illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.