Mandarin Food and Cooking: 75 Regional Recipes from Beijing and Northern China by Terry Tan (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $11.63Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features 75 regional recipes from Beijing and Northern China. From the modern restaurants of Beijing to the home kitchens of Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Hebei, Shanxi and Shandong, this book brings together traditional Mandarin cuisine and the foods of the rthern provinces. You can discover world-famous dishes and unusual local recipes, including Lotus Leaf Dumplings, Braised Quails, Stewed Spare Ribs, Sliced Beef and Bamboo Shoots, Mandarin Pancakes and Caramelized Apples. A concise introduction provides all the information you need to understand the origins and history of Mandarin food and cooking, with a helpful guide to the essential ingredients, tools and equipment you will need. 370 delightful photographs by Martin Brigdale include a mouthwatering picture of each finished dish, making it easy to achieve success with every recipe. Nutritional information is provided throughout. From majestic Beijing and the awe-inspiring Great Wall to ancient Buddhist temples and the vast Yellow River, rthern China is historically, geographically and culturally diverse. The Beijing school of cooking contains recipes from the imperial kitchens of the Forbidden City, but is also influenced by the vast, unforgiving lands to the rth. In this fascinating new book, Terry Tan explores the varied dishes that make up the menus of rthern China. There are 75 authentic recipes from Beijing and the surrounding provinces, with chapters covering soups and dim sum; fish and shellfish; poultry; meat and game; pancakes, breads and odles; vegetables, and sweet things. This sumptuous book makes Chinese food accessible to every cook.
- Author BiographyTerry Tan is an expert in Chinese, Singaporean (Nonya) and Indonesian food, and is a consultant editor on the cuisine of South-East Asia for Wine and Dine magazine. Terry taught cooking in Singapore from 1975-1982, then taught South-East Asian cooking for eight years in Ken Lo's Kitchen in London. He has written over 20 cookbooks, and currently divides his time between conducting private cooking courses, writing and editing, and devising recipes.
- Author(s)Terry Tan
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 370 photographs
- Weight1057 g
- Width235 mm
- Height291 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.