All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionNelson Mandela stands out as one of the most admired political figures of the twentieth century. It was his leadership and moral courage above all that helped to deliver a peaceful end to apartheid in South Africa after years of racial division and violence and to establish a fledgling democracy there. Martin Meredith's vivid portrayal of this towering leader was originally acclaimed by the Sunday Timesas 'a fitting epitaph to an extraordinary career' and by the Daily Telegraphas 'a compelling account of the whole of Mandela's life'. Meredith's acclaimed biography incorporates a decade of additional perspective and hindsight on the man and his legacy and examines how far his hopes for the new South Africa were realised. Mandelais the most thorough and up-to-date account available of the life of its most revered hero.
- Author BiographyMartin Meredith is a journalist, biographer and historian who has written extensively on Africa and its recent history. He is the author of many books including The State of Africa: A History of the Continent Since Independence; Mugabe: Power, Plunder, and the Struggle for Zimbabwe, and Mandela: A Biography. He lives near Oxford.
- Author(s)Martin Meredith
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content Note16pp b-w plates
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.