All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a collection of selected papers by Manfredo do Carmo, the well kwn author of textbooks such as Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces which has been translated into several languages. The subject of the papers is mostly Differential Geometry, including relations between curvature and topology, convexity and rigidity, minimal surfaces, conformal immersions, and further related topics. The papers deal with topics of interest to current researchers. For instance, the paper by do Carmo and Warner summarizes the state of the art in the area of convexity of hypersurfaces in space forms. Furthermore, some of the papers on minimal surfaces present the basic stability results for minimal surfaces in the euclidean space obtained by the author and his collaborators.
- Author BiographyManfredo P. do Carmo is Professor Emeritus at IMPA, Rio de Janeiro. He graduated as a Civil Engineer in Recife, Brazil and he completed his PhD, in 1963, under the supervision of S.S. Chern, at the University of California, Berkeley. He has held visiting positions in several universities in Brazil and abroad. He is a member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences and of TWAS and he received several prizes. Amog them the Almirante Alvaro Alberto prize from the Brazilian Research Council (CNPq), the mathematics Prize of TWAS and the Brazilian National Order of Scientific Merit. He has served as President of the Brazilian Mathematical Society, as a member of the Selecting Committee of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences, and as Chairman of the Mathematics Committee of CAPES, at the Ministry of Education . He has published several research articles and books on Differential Geometry. One of his books is the well known textbook on Differential Geometry of Curves and Sufaces, that was translated into spanish, german and chinese.
- Author(s)Manfredo P.Do Carmo
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication03/04/2012
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight885 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byKeti Tenenblat
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.