Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $53.69Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.20Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis lumius photographic collection highlights New York City's most breathtaking views and grandest buildings. Master architectural photographer Nathaniel Lieberman sees New York City in terms of light: the light of dawn casting a honey--colored glow over the East River; the light of dusk soothing the stately structures on Central Park West; artificial light setting midtown Manhattan ablaze at night; the sharp light of day delineating the incomparable Manhattan skyline. His vistas, taken from high atop New York's skyscrapers and from its bridges and boroughs, portray the worlds most powerful city as we have only imagined it in our dreams. For the first time, fifty--seven of these photographs, representing a decade of Lieberman's work, have been collected in this sumptuously produced volume. They feature the city's most breathtaking views and grandest buildings. The entire length of Central Park is captured in each of the seasons; the Brooklyn Bridge is illuminated by a burst of fireworks during the celebration of its centenary; the twin towers of the World Trade Center soar majestically above the deserted lanes of the old West Side Highway; the glass--and--steel grid of the Jacob Javits Convention Center twinkles futuristically; the dramatic Citicorp Building forms part of a strikingly geometric composition. With an introduction by Mark Helprin, author of Winters Tale--a vel acclaimed for its magical evocation of New York City--and quotes about New York by a host of residents and visitors past and present, Manhattan Lightscape is certain to be irresistible to anyone who has ever romanced the stones of this remarkable city.
- Author BiographyNathaniel Lieberman is one of New York's leading architectural photographers. His photographs have been shown in the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and are held in museum, corporate, and private collections in the United States and Europe. A graduate of Bard College, he has taught photography at the New School for Social Research and Parsons School of Design, and recently opened his own commercial photographic lab, Thorney Lieberman Color, Inc., down under the Manhattan Bridge in Brooklyn. He lives in Brooklyn with his wife and two children, and might also be found fly fishing for trout. This is his first book. Mark Helprin is the author of A Dove of the East & Other Stories, Ellis Island & Other Stories, the novels Refiners Fire and Winter's Tale, and the children's book Swan Lake. His stories and essays have appeared in The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Esquire, The New Criterion, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and many other publications both here and abroad. His works have been translated into more than a dozen languages. Raised on the Hudson and in the British West Indies, he was educated at Harvard, Princeton, and Oxford, and is a fellow of the American Academy in Rome.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Lieberman
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication14/03/1991
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Note57 colour illustrations
- Weight1388 g
- Width338 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs byNathaniel Lieberman
- Introduction byMark Helprin
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.