All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $16.66Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $32.98Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
About this product
- DescriptionAn enthralling hour-by-hour account of the twelve days in 1865 between President Abraham Lincoln's assassination and the capture and death of his murderer, John Wilkes Booth. From 14th to 26th of April 1865, the hunt for Booth and his accomplices transfixed, thrilled and horrified a nation of mourners as Booth led the army on a wild chase through the swamps of Maryland and into the forests of Virginia. At the centre of the story is the ultimate anti-hero: John Wilkes Booth. A handsome stage actor, Booth was as famous in his day as any big Hollywood star today, but threw away his fame and wealth for an assassin's immortality. Manhunt tells the dramatic story through the eyes of the hunters and the hunters - and makes clear why Booth refused to be taken alive when at last he was cornered by the US cavalry.
- Author BiographyJames L Swanson has studied and collected books, documents and artefacts connected with Abraham Lincoln's life and death since he was ten years old; Manhunt is the culmination of a lifetime's research and the author's own personal Lincoln library. He lives in the United States.
- Author(s)James L. Swanson
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/01/2007
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPiatkus Books
- Content Noteb&w line drawings
- Weight330 g
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.