All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionFor more than a decade Mikhail Gorbachev has been engaged in working to protect the earth and its inhabitants via the organization he founded in 1992, Green Cross International. In an age when ecological crises, poverty and military conflicts are humanity's chief challenges, Gorbachev urges us to stop regarding these problems in isolation. The man who changed the destiny of Russia, Europe and the world is w calling for a global perestroika (reform) of the twenty-first century. Based on many years' experience in international politics, Gorbachev appeals for urgent action based on a broad vision, including a strengthening of the UN and reforms to the World Bank, the World Trade Organization and the International Monetary Fund. To complement the Declaration on Human Rights and the Charter of the UN he has co-authored the remarkable Earth Charter that is based on four key principles: Respect and Care for the Community of Life; Ecological Integrity; Social and Ecomic Justice; and Democracy, Nonviolence, and Peace. Manifesto for the Earth is a courageous and thought-provoking work by a respected elder statesman. In a partisan and polar world, this is a 'manifesto' that does t compromise its integrity to political, ideological or national sympathies.
- Author BiographyMIKHAIL GORBACHEV, born in 1931, was General Secretary of the Communist Party of the USSR from 1985 to 1991. As head of state he introduced the radical turnaround of his country's foreign and internal policies which led to a complete transformation of the Eastern Bloc, enabling the reunification of Germany to take place in 1990. He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1990, and in 1991 he resigned from his political offices. In 1992 he founded Green Cross International, an organization that works for peace, justice, and the environment in over 30 countries.
- Author(s)Mikhail S. Gorbachev
- PublisherClairview Books
- Date of Publication13/04/2006
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationForest Row
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintClairview Books
- Weight227 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.