All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionImmanuel Velikovsky called this book the fulfillment of his oath of Hippocrates - to serve humanity. In this book he returns to his roots as a psychologist and psychoanalytical therapist, yet t with a single person as his patient but with humanity as a whole. After an extremely revealing overview of the foundations of the various psychoanalytical systems he makes the step into crowd psychology and reopens the case of Worlds in Collision from a totally different point of view: as a psychoanalytical case study. This way he shows that the blatant reactions to his theories (which are still going on today) have t been surprising but are actually inevitable from a psychological perspective - which equally holds for those who have defined our view of the world. At the same time he is able to reclassify the theories of Siegmund Freud and of C. G. Jung by finding a common basis for them. A journey through history, religion, mythology and art shows the overall range of the collective trauma and gives us - the patients - a message of extraordinary urgency and importance for the future.
- Author(s)Immanuel Velikovsky
- PublisherParadigma Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintParadigma Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight296 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Most relevant reviews
- whitesuzy7602 Sep, 2012by
Completion of collection
I bought this book because I have all the others that Velikovsky has written. I haven't read it yet, so can't comment on it. Having one, I don't think that I would be buying more of the same thing.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.