Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- Description'Think t that you have the right to be idle because you are young.' 'Of all things, beware of sullenness, melancholy and ill-humoured silence.' 'Particularly avoid belching, biting or cutting your nails, rubbing your teeth and picking your se and ears in company.' 'Boys will be boys', the saying goes - but, as this intriguing manual maintains, there is always scope for improvement. First published in 1829, it offers forthright advice to young gentlemen in all situations, from encouraging family harmony ('On account quarrel with your brothers and sisters') to good table manners and conduct at school. Packed with frank and funny observations on boys at work and play, it shows how to navigate the twin perils of 'sheepish bashfulness and obtrusive boldness', and hold your own in company with confidence and style. Timeless tips on tidiness, behaviour and self-kwledge combine with the amusing social etiquette of two centuries ago in this entertaining and perceptive guide.
- Author BiographyJ. Robinson was master of the free school in the village of Bunny, England.
- Author(s)J. Robinson
- PublisherThe British Library Publishing Division
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectEntertainment & Etiquette
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe British Library Publishing Division
- Weight209 g
- Width114 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.