All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a unique, practical, hands-on guide to boat maeuvring - ideal for cockpit use or as an aide-memoire. Maeuvring a yacht under engine at close quarters in a marina close to other (expensive!) boats can be a daunting prospect for the inexperienced skipper - but it has to be done in order to take your boat off a pontoon to go sailing, and to berth her after a day on the water. Throw in fast flowing tides, and unpredictable wind which might blow from the bow or beam or stern, and the exercise becomes even more of a lottery - even for the experienced boat handler. Here at last is a well organised visual guide to coping in every possible combination of wind and tide situation. Laid out in a very clear way, with one maeuvre per page and in a handy wiro format for use when at the helm, this is the ideal teach yourself guide, and the perfect on-board aide memoire. It will be a godsend to every nervous helmsman, and a good talking point for crew!
- Author BiographyA Cambridge-educated engineer, Bill Johnson swapped his career for long distance sailing. He stopped logging miles sailed somewhere around 50,000. A sailing instructor for ten years, focusing on the RYA courses from beginner to Yachtmaster level, Bill's strength is in explaining tricky subjects.
- Author(s)Bill Johnson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAdlard Coles Nautical
- Content NoteColour photos and diagrams throughout
- Weight356 g
- Width210 mm
- Height148 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.