All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Roger Money-Kyrle's classic work is published together with three of his late papers, 'Cognitive development', 'The aim of psychoanalysis', and 'On being a psychoanalyst'. Its intention is to introduce new readers to this key Kleinian thinker, whose influence has been quiet and uncontroversial but deep and formative. The book also includes Donald Meltzer's discussion of the paper on 'Cognitive development'.
- Author BiographyRoger Money-Kyrle (1898-1980) was an influential psychoanalyst particularly noted for his promotion and development of the ideas of Melanie Klein. He was analysed by Ernest Jones, by Freud and later by Klein. Initially his interest in psychoanalysis was stimulated in connection with his work in philosophy, anthropology, and the social sciences generally, but following his analysis with Klein he became a practising analyst and subsequently a training analyst. His papers reflect both his interest in the contributions that psychoanalytic thought could make to understanding social problems, in particular in matters of war and politics, and also his contributions to analytic theory and praxis. Meg Harris Williams, a writer and artist, studied English at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford and art at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Florence, and has had a lifelong psychoanalytic education. She has written and lectured extensively in the UK and abroad on psychoanalysis and literature, and teaches at the Tavistock Centre in London, and the University of Surrey. She is married with four children and lives in Farnham, Surrey.
- Author(s)Roger Money-Kyrle
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Harris Meltzer Trust Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight386 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMeg Harris Williams
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.