Manthology: Poems on the Male Experience by University of Iowa Press (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.80+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhy focus an anthology of poems on the male experience when, for centuries, men have pretty much dominated everything from politics to the literary can? Hasn't everything that can be said about the male experience already been said? This collection proves that the answer is a resounding . Each of the anthology's ninety-three poems spotlights an individual experience that netheless becomes universal. Together poems from ninety-three poets - twenty-six of them female - take on self-doubt, fatherhood, sex, death, relationships, work, war, peace, and a diversity of other topics to form a perceptive and insightful collection. The idea isn't so much that the poems celebrate men as that they challenge the reader to discover for him or herself what is male about the poem, says Billy Collins about the collection. Humorous, sad, celebratory, and thoughtful, Manthology gathers a surprising group of poems focused on the almost poignant intensity of the male experience, with its attendant urgencies, confusions, and hilarities.
- Author BiographyCraig Crist-Evans (1954-2005) was the author of two books of poems and a longtime contributing editor for the Bloomsbury Review. He co-developed, directed, and taught in the MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults Program at Vermont College and later developed and directed the Writing Center at the Writing across the Curriculum Program at Mercersburg Academy in Pennsylvania. Kate Fetherston holds an MFA from Vermont College. She has published poems and essays in literary journals including Hunger Mountain, Poetry Miscellany, Artful Dodge, and Third Coast. The winner of a Vermont Arts Council award, she resides in Montpelier, Vermont. Roger Weingarten is the author of eight collections of poetry and coeditor of three other poetry anthologies. His poems have appeared in publications including the New Yorker, the American Poetry Review, Poetry, the New Republic, and the Kenyon Review and his awards include a National Endowment for the Arts Award and an Ingram Merrill Award in Literature. He teaches in the MFA in Writing Program and the Postgraduate Writers' Conference at Vermont College.
- PublisherUniversity of Iowa Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationIowa
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Iowa Press
- Weight286 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byCraig Crist-Evans,Kate Fetherston,Roger Weingarten
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.