All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionUltrasound has revolutionized a physician's ability to make urgent and emergent diagses at the bedside, and has changed the management of many acute injuries and conditions. This is a practical, concise introduction to what is rapidly becoming an essential tool for all critical care physicians: bedside emergency ultrasound. The Manual covers the full spectrum of conditions diagsed using ultrasound and gives practical guidance in how to use ultrasound for common invasive procedures. Major applications are introduced using focused diagstic questions and reviewing the image-acquisition skills needed to answer them. Images of positive and negative findings are presented, and scanning tips for improving image quality. The second edition has been substantially revised and expanded, with new images, updated literature reviews, new applications and clinical algorithms. New chapters cover additional procedures, musculoskeletal and pediatric applications, and the use of ultrasound in resuscitation. This text is invaluable for emergency physicians at all levels.
- Author BiographyVicki E. Noble MD, RDMS, FACEP is Director, Division of Emergency Ultrasound, Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA. Bret P. Nelson MD, RDMS, FACEP is Director of Emergency Ultrasound and Associate Director, Emergency Medicine Residency Program, Department of Emergency Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA.
- Author(s)Bret P. Nelson,Vicki E. Noble
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note315 b/w illus. 112 colour illus.
- Weight720 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.