All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe ancient Tamil poetic corpus of the Cankam is at the same time a national treasure and a common battle ground for linguists and historians alike. Going back to oral predecessors from about the early first millennium, it became part of a can, slowly fell into near oblivion and was finally rediscovered and printed in the 19th century. The present study follows up the complex historical process of its transmission through 2000 years.
- Author BiographyEva Wilden, Ecole Francaise d'Extreme-Orient, Paris,France.
- Author(s)Eva Maria Wilden
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication27/10/2014
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleStudies in Manuscript Cultures
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDe Gruyter
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, 34 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings, 17 schw.-w. u. 3 farb. Abb., 34 schw.-w. Tab., 2 schw.-w. Zeichn.
- Weight794 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.