All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Leading Figure in the Development of the New Cosmology Explains What It All MeansAmong his peers, Alex Vilenkin is regarded as one of the most imaginative and creative cosmologists of our time. His contributions to our current understanding of the universe include a number of vel ideas, two of which eternal cosmic inflation and the quantum creation of the universe from thing have provided a scientific foundation for the possible existence of multiple universes. With this book his first for the general reader Vilenkin joins ather select group: the handful of first-rank scientists who are equally adept at explaining their work to nspecialists. With engaging, well-paced storytelling, a droll sense of humor, and a generous sprinkling of helpful cartoons, he conjures up a bizarre and fascinating new worldview that to paraphrase Niels Bohr just might be crazy eugh to be true.
- Author BiographyAlex Vilenkin is a professor of physics at Tufts University, where he also serves as director of the Tufts Institute of Cosmology. The author of more than 150 research papers in cosmology, he has introduced a number of novel ideas to the field.
- Author(s)Alex Vilenkin
- PublisherHill & Wang
- Date of Publication10/07/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAstronomy, Space & Time
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHill & Wang
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width140 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.