All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Europe's greatest recent poets is also its wisest, wittiest, and most accessible. Nobel Prize winner Wislawa Szymborska draws us in with her unexpected, unassuming humour. Her elegant, precise poems pose questions we never thought to ask. If you want the world in a nutshell, a Polish critic remarks, try Szymborska. But the world held in these lapidary poems is larger than the one we thought we knew. Carefully edited by her long time, award winning translator, Clare Cavanagh, the poems in Map trace Szymborska's work until her death in 2012. Of the approximately two hundred and fifty poems included here, nearly forty are newly translated; thirteen represent the entirety of the poet's last Polish collection, Eugh, never before published in English. Map is the first English publication of Szymborska's work since the acclaimed Here, and it offers her devoted readers a welcome return to her ironic elegance (The New Yorker).
- Author(s)Clare Cavanagh,Stanislaw Baranczak,Wislawa Szymborska
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMariner Books,US
- Weight318 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.