All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most persistent, if vexing, issues facing t just theology but also political theory, sociology, and other disciplines, is the ongoing Palestinian-Israeli conflict. For theology, the problem is especially nettlesome on account of the church's shared history and tradition with the Jewish people. Palestinians, including Palestinian Christians, bear the brunt of suffering and dispossession in the current situation, yet are burdened even more by Christian political appropriation of Zionism. Through an analysis of Palestinian refugee mapping practices for returning to their homeland, Alain Epp Weaver takes up the troubled issue of Palestinian dispossession and argues against the political theology embedded in Zionist cartographic practices that refuse and seek to eliminate evidence of coexistence. Instead, Alain Epp Weaver offers a political theology of redrawing the territory compatible with a bi-national vision for a shared Palestinian-Israeli future.
- Author BiographyAlain Epp Weaver is the director for strategic planning at the Mennonite Central Committee. He served previously as co-representative for Palestine, Jordan, and Iraq at the Mennonite Central Committee and was a project coordinator in the Gaza Strip. He earned a PhD in theology at the University of Chicago Divinity School and is the author of State of Exile: Visions of Diaspora, Witness, and Return (2008). He has edited or co-edited six books, including A Table of Sharing (2011), The Work of Jesus Christ in Anabaptist Perspective (2008), and Under Vine and Fig Tree: Biblical Theologies of Land and the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict (2007), as well as authoring several articles, essays, and chapters in journals and edited publications.
- Author(s)Alain Epp Weaver
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.