All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor a long time, the term ideology was in disrepute, having become associated with such unfashionable tions as fundamental truth and the eternal verities. The tide has turned, and recent years have seen a revival of interest in the questions that ideology poses to social and cultural theory and to political practice. Including Slavoj A iA ek's study of the development of the concept from Marx to the present; assessments of the contributions of Lukacs and the Frankfurt School by Terry Eagleton, Peter Dews and Seyla Benhabib; and essays by Ador, Lacan and Althusser, Mapping Ideology is an invaluable guide to the most dynamic field in cultural theory.
- Author BiographySLAVOJ A IA EK's books include Less Than Nothing; Living in the End Times; First as Tragedy, Then as Farce; and In Defense of Lost Causes.
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited bySlavoj Zizek
- Edition StatementNew Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.