CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionMapping India presents an overview of important maps that eloquently reflect the changing social and political fortunes of India. These maps speak of the commercial interests and wars that led to the colonization of India, and show territories the size of countries that were conquered, ceded or controlled through treaties. They also record changed courses of rivers, routes taken by armies, people living in communities in new cities, places where famines occurred, how the highest peak was discovered and named, when native royalty gathered to pay respect to the British Emperor, and the destination to which Mahatma Gandhi marched with his supporters for the salt satyagraha. From the earliest chronicles of India to its post-Independence strides, Mapping India is the story of India recounted through its maps.
- Author BiographyManosi Lahiri is a professional geographer. She completed her PhD in Geography at University of Delhi. Manosi was a lecturer at Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi and undertook consulting work for several UN agencies. She founded ML Infomap, a pioneering GIS company, in 1993 to propagate GIS technology. She received the Lifetime Achievement Award from GIS Development at MapIndia in 2010.
- Author(s)Manosi Lahiri
- PublisherNiyogi Books
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintNiyogi Books
- Content Note186 colour illustrations
- Weight2678 g
- Width306 mm
- Height307 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.