All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe current and future capacity of South Africa to generate and sustain access to information and communication techlogies (ICT) for its citizens is an important development priority. The Accelerated and Shared Growth Initiative of South Africa (ASGISA), launched by government in 2006, identified key factors which are affecting South Africa's drive to achieve ecomic growth by 2014. One of these, is the cost of telecommunications. Together, the cost of telecommunications and the availability of ICT infrastructure will crucially facilitate or frustrate attempts to improve levels of access to ICT. Although the digital divide is visible in South Africa, the spatial dimensions of the distribution of ICT access in South Africa has t been systematically analysed. This report seeks to explore this important issue by mapping access to ICT, in order to maximise development opportunities, and to facilitate planning.
- Author BiographyKholadi Tlabela has a MA-degree in International Communications and is currently a deputy director at the Department of Correctional Services. Joan Roodt is a chief researcher in the Education, Science and Skills Development Research Programme at the HSRC. She holds an MPhil in Communication Management at the University of Pretoria Dr Andrew Paterson is a research director in the Education, Science and Skills Development Research Programme at the HSRC.
- Author(s)Andrew Paterson,Joan Roodt,Kholadi Thlabela
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication19/01/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight230 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.