All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaps have long held a fascination for travellers and would-be travellers alike. Drawing on fascinating and unique material from the BA archive, curator Paul Jarvis focusses on the beautiful map artworks used over nearly 100 years of history to promote the airline's services - from early adverts to twenty-first-century on-board moving maps - and the vital maps and charts used by pilots and navigators. The progression of artistic styles used through the decades and the use of maps, actual or stylised, to present factual information or to encourage the use of air services is presented in striking full colour. Authorised by British Airways and with a foreword by Keith Williams, the Executive Chairman of British Airways, this book shows how we have charted our voyages through the skies and the enduring power of maps to spark our imagination.
- Author BiographyPaul Jarvis is the director of the British Airways archive. His previous books by Amberley include 'British Airways: An Illustrated History' (2014) and 'Better by Design: Shaping the British Airways Brand' (2015).
- Author(s)Paul Jarvis
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectTransport Industries
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note200
- Width246 mm
- Height168 mm
- Introduction byKeith Williams
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.