All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, a transcript of the first term of Clare Martin's introductory course in astrology given for the Centre for Psychological Astrology, continues her clear, insightful and invative presentation of the basics of astrological study. In this first of three volumes, the basic building blocks of astrological language are presented, t in the dry, 'cookbook' manner which mars so many astrology texts, but in the lively and relaxed format of the classroom. Questions from students punctuate the teaching, making the material accessible, fluent and immediately applicable to everyday life. The reader is taken on a fascinating journey through the solar system, the ancient planetary gods, and the energies and motivations symbolised by their astrological equivalents; and then through the signs of the zodiac, their elements and qualities, and the ways in which different planets express through them. The inclusion of the psychological dimension of human life, as well as the profound symbolism of alchemy as a parallel map of the individual journey, make this a fascinating in-depth exploration which will expand the understanding, t only of the student with previous kwledge, but also of the most experienced astrological practitioner.
- Author BiographyClare Martin has an MA in Integrative Psychotherapy and has been a practising astrologer and teacher since 1990, working in London for the Faculty of Astrological Studies, of which she was President for nine years, and at the Centre for Psychological Astrology. Her personal approach to astrological interpretation is fundamentally Jungian, and evolved during a long period of studying with a variety of teachers in the western mystery traditions. Clare now lives in Dorset, where she continues her writing and consultancy work and is a tutor on the newly formed Mercury Internet School of Psychological Astrology.
- Author(s)Clare Martin
- PublisherWessex Astrologer Ltd
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Place of PublicationBournemouth
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWessex Astrologer Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $25.08Trending at AU $33.89
- AU $19.84Trending at AU $29.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.