All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Mapuche are kwn as people of the Earth that roamed for almost 2,000 years before being dispossessed in 1910 by the Argentinean constitution and transformed into outlaws overnight. Jana, a 28-year-old Mapuche, has moved to the city where she learns to adapt to an environment of discrimination and violence. She is a talented sculptor but is forced to resort to prostitution in order to survive. Her best friend, Miguel, is a transvestite who goes by the name Paula. The two work at the same dock and share sorrows and difficulties. When the body of a murdered transvestite is found, Jana turns to private investigator Reuben Calderon for help. Reuben works tirelessly for Mothers of the Plazo de Mayo, searching for tormentors. Together, he and Jana dive into the Argentinean political system to hunt for this vicious murderer.
- Author BiographyCaryl Ferey is a traveler, having spent most of his time in Europe. He is the author of Zulu and Utu and has won numerous literary awards in France.
- Author(s)Caryl Ferey
- PublisherEditorial Oceano de Mexico
- Date of Publication01/08/2015
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEditorial Oceano de Mexico
- Weight626 g
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.43
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.