All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMara is a proud and beautiful slave girl who yearns for freedom. In order to gain it, she finds herself playing the dangerous role of double spy for two arch enemies - each of whom supports a contender for the throne of Egypt.
- Author Biography<b>Eloise Jarvis McGraw</b>was an American author ofchildren's booksand young adult novels. She won theNewbery Honorthree times in three different decades, for her novels<i>Moccasin Trail</i>(1952), <i>The Golden Goblet</i>(1962), and<i>The Moorchild</i>(1997).<i>A Really Weird Summer</i>(1977) won anEdgar Awardfor Best Juvenile Mystery from theMystery Writers of America. McGraw had a very strong interest inhistory, and among the many books she wrote for children are<i>Greensleeves</i>, <i>The Seventeenth Swap</i>, and<i>Mara, Daughter of the Nile</i>. ALewis Carroll Shelf Awardwas given to<i>Moccasin Trail</i>in 1963.She also contributed to theOz seriesstarted byL. Frank Baum; working with her daughter, graphic artist and librarian Lauren Lynn McGraw, she wrote<i>Merry Go Round in Oz</i>(the last of the Oz books issued by Baum's publisher) and<i>The Forbidden Fountain of Oz</i>.
- Author(s)Eloise McGraw
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/1986
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitlePuffin Story Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPuffin Books
- Out-of-print date06/12/1991
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width111 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Reading Age2-12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.22Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.53Trending at AU $45.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.