All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 20 million Americans run recreationally, but doing it right is more than a matter of buying an expensive pair of shoes and heading for the track. Building on the popularity of <i>The Beginning Runner s Handbook, </i> this practical, easy-to-use guide provides a step-by-step program for running a half or full marathon for the first time. It shows readers how to get motivated and set realistic goals, choose the proper shoes, eat right, build strength and endurance, and avoid sore muscles and injury. The book includes tips from elite runners on such subjects as staying motivated when the weather is extreme, running technique, running with a dog, and running partners. Finally, the book describes strategies for the race, what to expect on race day, and the psychological effects of finishing a half or full marathon. Most importantly, it includes a full training program designed to ensure that that crucial first race is a winner.
- Author Biography<b>Marnie Caron</b> writes extensively in the area of sport health and sport training as SportMedBC s Communications Coordinator. She holds an M.A. in Communication Studies with a focus on the health of first nations women in Canada. Marnie resides in Vancouver where she combines her love of running with her passion for politics and social development issues. <b>SportMedBC</b> is a not-for-profit society that is a focal point for sport health, sport safety and sport training within the province of British Columbia. Located in Vancouver, SportMedBC provides a full-range of sport medicine and science related services to athletes, coaches, parents, fitness enthusiasts and others involved in the sport system. <b>Dr. Jack Taunton</b> is known and respected as one of the top Sports Medicine Doctors in North America. He was Chief Medical Officer of the Sydney 2000 Olympics and two Pan Am and World Student Games; Medical Officer of the '88 Winter Olympics, three Commonwealth Games, and four World Championships; Team Physician for the Vancouver Grizzlies and Vancouver Canucks, and Team Physician for the Women's National Field Hockey Team. Dr. Taunton has also completed over 61 marathons. He lives in Vancouver.
- Author(s)Marnie Caron,Sportmedbc
- PublisherGreystone Books,Canada
- Date of Publication20/04/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintGreystone Books,Canada
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width181 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byJack Taunton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.24
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.71
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.24
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.