All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMargaret Fell and the End of Time offers an unprecedented interpretation of the life and theology of one of the central figures of the seventeenth-century Quaker movement. While Fell has been the subject of some historical research, until this book she had t been studied as a religious author or theologian in her own right. Taking her seriously as a prophetic and practical theologian, Sally Bruyneel systematically analyzes Fell's writings on both Quaker and orthodox Christian subjects, ranging from the Inward Light to eschatology to the Trinity. In doing so she demonstrates that Fell was deeply influenced by Biblical apocalyptic literature and the strong eschatological expectations of her time--which became central to her work with the Jews, for her defense of the spirituality equality of women, and for her promotion of the Quaker testimony of peace.
- Author BiographySally Bruyneel is Instructor in the Department of History and Theology, Luther Seminary, and the Department of Religion, Augsburg College. She is the co-author of Introducing Christianity. She lives in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Sally Bruyneel
- PublisherBaylor University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectBiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationWaco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaylor University Press
- Weight232 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.