Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionLook at us, Margaret - the press is on our side. We're heroes: the public is behind us, we're protecting our children, the party is united behind the cause. You can stand against it if you want, but you will stand alone. Margaret Thatcher, Britain's first female Prime Minister, gets lost around the streets of Soho on the eve of the vote for Section 28. Unwittingly, she finds herself quickly becoming a cabaret sensation within London's gay community. This camp political drag cabaret explores, through songs and laughter, homophobia and censorship, and how one person could have made a difference. Margaret Thatcher Queen of Soho received its world premiere at London's Theatre503 in June 2013 as part of the Thatcherwrite Festival, and was revived in a full production there in December 2013.
- Author BiographyJon Brittain is a playwright, comedy writer and director. His plays include The Wake, Phillipa and Will are Now in a Relationship, The Sexual Awakening of Peter Mayo and My Imaginary Friend Patrick Stewart. Matt Tedford is an actor, writer and comedian. He co-wrote and starred in Margaret Thatcher Queen of Soho for Theatre503's Thatcherwrite Festival and is developing some new projects alongside Jon Brittain.
- Author(s)Jon Brittain,Matt Tedford
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/12/2013
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleModern Plays
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight65 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.