All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first volume of John Campbell's biography of Margaret Thatcher was described by Frank Johnson in the Daily Telegraph as 'much the best book yet written about Lady Thatcher'. That volume, The Grocer's Daughter, described Mrs Thatcher's childhood and early career up until the 1979 General Election which carried her into Downing Street. This second volume covers the whole eleven and a half years of her momentous premiership. Thirteen years after her removal from power, this is the first comprehensive and fully researched study of the Thatcher Government from its hesitant beginning to its dramatic end. Campbell draws on the mass of memoirs and diaries of Mrs Thatcher's colleagues, aides, advisers and rivals, as well as on original material from the Ronald Reagan archive, shedding fascinating new light on the Reagan-Thatcher 'special relationship', and on dozens of interviews. The Iron Lady will confirm John Campbell's Margaret Thatcher as one of the greatest political biographies of recent times.
- Author BiographyJohn Campbell is the author of biographies of Lloyd George (1977), F. E. Smith (1983), Roy Jenkins (1983), Aneurin Bevan (1986) and Edward Heath (1994), for which he won the NCR Award. Margaret Thatcher Volume 2: The Iron Lady was shortlisted for the Orwell Prize in 2004.
- Author(s)John Campbell
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight625 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.