Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionMarginalizing Access to the Sustainable Food System is a comprehensive analysis of the barriers and opportunities confronting mirity communities' ability to access healthy, fresh foods. It exposits the meaning of marginalization through several measurement indicators examined from the cross sections of history, space, and participation. These indicators include mirity participation in agriculture, the delivery scope of CSA farms, the presence and location of farmer's markets in the mirity districts, the density of food stores, the availability of fresh produce in grocery stores in mirity districts, the placement of urban food gardens in mirity districts, and mirity residents' participation in the sustainable food system. Camille Tuason Mata applies this analysis to three mirity districts in Oakland-Chinatown, Fruitvale, and West Oakland-and examines the patterns of marginalization in relation to the sustainable food system of the California Bay Area.
- Author BiographyCamille Tuason Mata is a Philippine-born American who has been studying food systems and sustainability since 2000, when she began her graduate studies in urban and regional planning at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. She subsequently went on to complete a MA in social change and development at the University of Wollongong in New South Wales, Australia, in 2002 and a MA in liberal arts with a concentration in environmental studies at Goddard College in Plainfield, Vermont, in 2009.
- Author(s)Camille Tuason Mata
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.