All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $175.38
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.83
- AU $23.65Trending at AU $25.77
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $38.45
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.52
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover all about one of the world's most famous femal scientists: Marie Curie. Learn about the woman who discovered radium, the scientist who gave us a greater understanding of the nature of the atom, and the woman who ultimately died from the effects of the substances she discovered. Follow the story of Curie's life, from her childhood in Warsaw, Poland to becoming Director of the Paris Radium Institute, and find out about her discoveries, including how they are still affecting us today. Includes a timeline and a look at her legacy today, this book is perfect for readers intersted in science or women's history of all ages.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Gogerley is an experienced writer and editor of children's books specialising in history for primary years. Other books include a biography of Louis Pasteur in the Scientists Who Made History series.
- Author(s)Liz Gogerly
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication16/08/2001
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleScientists Who Made History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NotePhotos, artwork and diagrams
- Weight186 g
- Width201 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Hook
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.