All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1953, John Vachon, then a photographer for LOOK magazine, snapped dozens of candid shots of Marilyn Monroe in the Canadian Rockies - only three were ever published. This beautiful hardcover collects those unseen photographs for the first time, capturing the sex symbol in intimate, unguarded moments: lounging poolside, riding a ski lift, and snuggling with Joe DiMaggio. Excerpts from handwritten letters by Vachon and insightful original essays. 102 duotone photos.
- Author BiographyJohn Vachon (1914-1975) earned his stripes as a documentary photojournalist while a member of the renowned Farm Security Administration (FSA) group that included Dorothea Lange, Gordon Parks, Walker Evans, and others - all now recognised as titans of twentieth-century photo graphy. After his time at the FSA, Vachon shot more than 450 assignments for LOOK magazine.
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- Series TitleCalla Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight962 g
- Width252 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBrian Wallis
- Photographs byJohn Vachon
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementCalla ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.