All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1975 Marina Abramovic and Uwe Laysiepen met in Amsterdam, fell in love, and began to collaborate as performance artists. By the time their personal relationship ended twelve years later they had become two of the most famous performance artists in the world. Thomas McEvilley met them in 1983; they became close friends, and ever since he has been able to follow the development of their career together, and their careers apart, over the past twenty-seven years. Art, Love Friendship is divided into three sections. The first documents Marina Abramovic and Ulay together, including their three-month-long Great Wall Walk in 1988. The second section features Ulay's career before meeting Marina -- when, for example, he briefly stole Germany's most famous painting in broad daylight -- as well as his later work as a conceptual photographer. The final section features a long interview with Marina and essays about her work of the 1990s and the 2000s. The book includes 65 photographs.
- Author(s)Thomas McEvilley
- PublisherMcPherson & Co Publishers,U.S.
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcPherson & Co Publishers,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.