All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe marine environment presents significant challenges for materials due to the potential for corrosion by salt water, extreme pressures when deeply submerged and high stresses arising from variable weather. Well-designed fibre-reinforced composites can perform effectively in the marine environment and are lightweight alternatives to metal components and more durable than wood. Marine Applications of Advanced Fibre-Reinforced Composites examines the techlogy, application and environmental considerations in choosing a fibre-reinforced composite system for use in marine structures. This book is divided into two parts. The chapters in Part One explore the manufacture, mechanical behavior and structural performance of marine composites, and also look at the testing of these composites and end of life environmental considerations. The chapters in Part Two then investigate the applications of marine composites, specifically for renewable energy devices, offshore oil and gas applications, rigging and sails. Underwater repair of marine composites is also reviewed.
- Author BiographyJohn Summerscales is Senior Lecturer in the School of Manufacturing, materials and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Plymouth, UK and a key staff member of the Advanced Composites Manufacturing Centre. He is a Fellow of both the Institute of Materials and the British Institute of Non-Destructive Testing and a Professional Member of the Society for the Advancement of Materials and Process Engineering.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Composites Science and Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJasper Graham-Jones,John Summerscales
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.