All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Marine Mammals of the World describes and illustrates newly discovered and rarely photographed species, making it the most comprehensive and up-to-date identification guide available. This edition continues to meet the research-focused needs of marine biologists and conservation biologists by providing a tremendous influx of new photos, taking advantage of advances in digital and auto-focusing photography, and the emergence of marine mammal studies and whalewatching around the world. The book encompasses cetacean, pinniped, and sirenian species, as well as extinct species, and describes basic biology and taxomic groupings of marine mammals.
- Author BiographyThomas A. Jefferson, Ph.D. is a marine mammal biologist and director of Clymene Enterprises, in Lakeside, California. He has been studying marine mammals around the world since 1983, and has traveled widely in the Americas, Africa, Asia, and Australasia in pursuit of his work. His primary focus is on the population biology and taxonomy of small cetaceans, and their effective conservation. Marc A. Webber has studied marine mammals in the wild and captivity since 1977. He has traveled to the Arctic, Antarctic, and many areas in between to study, photograph, and teach about marine mammals. He has worked for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service since 1992 and at present is the Deputy Manager at Alaska Maritime National Wildlife Refuge which is based in Homer, Alaska. Robert L. Pitman is a marine biologist at the Southwest Fisheries Science Center in La Jolla, California, and has published extensively on marine birds and mammals. Since 1976 he has averaged 6 months a year at sea on research vessels operating in all the world's oceans. His current research interests include ecology and systematics of killer whales in Antarctica and Australia.
- Author(s)Marc A. Webber,Robert L. Pitman,Thomas A. Jefferson
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication24/08/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1840 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.