Marine Science: An Illustrated Guide to Science by The Diagram Group (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $90.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $66.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarine Science: An Illustrated Guide to Science is one of eight volumes in Facts On File's new Science Visual Resources set. Containing seven sections, a comprehensive glossary, a Web site guide, and an index, Marine Science is an ideal learning tool for students and teachers of science. Full-color diagrams, graphs, charts, and maps on every page illustrate the essential elements of the subject, while parallel text provides key definitions and step-by-step explanations. The seven sections include: Geography of the Oceans - provides an overview of the physical dimensions of the bodies of water that cover 70 percent of Earth; Geology of the Oceans - examines the geological processes that have shaped Earth's surface and features that are unique to the marine environment. It covers the regions of intense volcanic activity that lie deep beneath the sea, as well as the shifting boundaries between water and land; Chemistry of the Oceans - explores the nature of seawater with the global cycles that carry vital elements, such as carbon and nitrogen, from the oceans to the atmosphere to the land, and back to the ocean again; and Ocean-Atmosphere System - details the engines that drive global climate. The cycling of heat from warmer to cooler latitudes, the impact of Earth's rotation on ocean currents, and the daily ebb and flow of the tides are covered in this section. It also includes: Biology of the Oceans - is an overview of the wealth of plant and animal life that lives in, on, or near the oceans. Food chains stretching from bacteria to blue whales are described, as well as the unique communities that thrive in the pitch black of the deep ocean floor. Every class of animal and plant found in the marine environment is discussed; Marine Exploration focuses on the human relationship with the sea. It covers the techlogy that has allowed explorers to span the globe and probe the depths of the ocean. The vital role of marine food sources in the health and wealth of the world is also examined; and Marine Ecomics - focuses on the human relationship with the sea. It covers the techlogy that has allowed explorers to span the globe and probe the depths of the ocean. The vital role of marine food sources in the health and wealth of the world is also examined.
- Author(s)The Diagram Group
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication15/07/2006
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Notemore than 600 full-colour illustrations, maps, & diagrams, index, bibliography, glossary, tables, charts, & graphs
- Weight1075 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.74
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.61
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $17.37
- AU $11.90Trending at AU $13.78
- AU $13.47Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $7.51Trending at AU $12.30
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.