Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in Barbados, Chris Braithwaite (1885-1944) went to sea with the British merchant navy as a teenager and travelled the world as a sailor. After settling in London, Braithwaite became a member of the National Union of Seamen, and in 1930 he joined the Seamen's Mirity Movement, organised by the Communist Party of Great Britain. Hogsbjerg's 'people's history of the sea' examines Braithwaite's life, opening a portal onto a dynamic Black and Red Atlantic world of work, politics anti-racist revolution.
- Author(s)Christian Hogsbjerg
- Date of Publication17/07/2014
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight142 g
- Width126 mm
- Height178 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.