All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionAn experienced deck officer and maritime attorney objectively considers cognitive, organizational, and operational factors proven to contribute to maritime casualties. Research from other safety-critical domains, as well as kwledge gained from 40 years within the maritime industry, inform this book. It provides a focused overview of present day maritime safety issues and suggests risk management strategies effective from the wheelhouse as well as the board room. Subjects covered include the evolution of the current maritime safety philosophy, dealing with maritime risk, bridge resource management, the nature of error, situational awareness and decision making, violations, techlogy and eNavigation, and organizational management and failure in regards to maritime risk. Unique to the book is the respect for the interests of the mariner as well as the interests of shore side management, interests traditionally seen as conflicting.
- Author(s)Geoffrey W. Gill
- PublisherCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationCentreville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCornell Maritime Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note3 color & 5 b/w photos
- Weight910 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.