Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionBelieving that the needs of beleaguered Christian communities in turbulent times would be best met by drawing on the life of Jesus, Mark wrote a Gospel that was at once plain and subtle, fast-paced and yet profound. He clarified the essence of being a follower of Jesus, so that these communities might differentiate the essential from the trivial and be fortified in their testimony to the one true Gospel. In his important new commentary, Kim Huat Tan expounds the artistry of Mark in achieving all this in its original setting by focusing on the larger picture of themes and thrusts, paragraphs and plot, but without dodging important issues of interpretation. Following in the footsteps of his Gospel, Mark bridges the horizons between then and w, and show how it is still a powerful resource for a disciple of Jesus today.
- Author BiographyKim Huat Tan is Chen Su Lan Professor of New Testament and Academic Dean at Trinity Theological College, Singapore. He is author of The Zion Traditions and the Aims of Jesus (1997).
- Author(s)Kim Huat Tan
- PublisherJames Clarke & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication26/05/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1900
- ImprintLutterworth Press
- Weight340 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.