All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNineteenth-century America and the world of Samuel L. Clemens, better kwn as Mark Twain, come to life as children journey back in time with this history- and literature-laden activity book. The comprehensive biographical information explores Mark Twain as a multi-talented man of his times, from his childhood in the rough-and-tumble West of Missouri to his many careers--steamboat pilot, printer, miner, inventor, world traveler, businessman, lecturer, newspaper reporter, and most important, author--and how these experiences influenced his writing. Twain-inspired activities include making printer's type, building a model paddlewheel boat, unmasking a hoax, inventing new words, cooking cornpone, planning a newspaper, observing people, and writing maxims. An extensive resource section offers information on Twain's classics, such as Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn , as well as a listing of recommended web sites to explore.
- Author BiographyR. Kent Rasmussen is the author of several bestselling books on Mark Twain, including Mark Twain A to Z, which won the ALA's award for adult reference work, Mark Twain's Book for Bad Boys and Girls, and The Quotable Mark Twain. He is also the author of Farewell to Jim Crow, a New York Public Library Best Book for Teens. He lives in Thousand Oaks, California.
- Author(s)R. Kent Rasmussen
- PublisherChicago Review Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChicago Review Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight480 g
- Width279 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.53
- AU $11.09Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.27
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.68
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $12.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.