All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarket Menagerie examines techlogical advance and market regulation in the health industries of nations such as India, Brazil, South Africa, Nigeria, and Japan. Pharmaceutical and life science industries can reinforce ecomic development and industry growth, but t necessarily positive health outcomes. Yet well-crafted industrial and health policies can strengthen each other and reconcile ecomic and social goals. This book advocates moving beyond traditional market failure to bring together three uncommonly paired themes: the growth of industrial capabilities, the politics of health access, and the geography of production and redistribution.
- Author BiographySmita Srinivas is Assistant Professor in the Urban Planning program and the Director of the Technological Change Lab at Columbia University in New York City. She has advised and consulted with the UN and other international agencies, and with grassroots organizations, for over a decade.
- Author(s)Smita Srinivas
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication04/04/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsCloth
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.