All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe global financial markets are t just driven by the biginvestment houses and fund managers. Along with these, privatebanks, insurance houses, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds and arange of boutique investment managers, regional institutions andbrokers of different sizes and nationalities all operate andinteract to form the bedrock of the global financialinfrastructure. Because of this, it is essential that practitionersand observers of the markets fully understand the linkages,objectives and functions of these institutions, and the new anddynamic environment they are working in. <p>Market Players provides a complete roadmap to theinstitutions and intermediaries operating in today's globalfinancial landscape, illustrating what they are, how they work, howthey interact and importantly, their motivation. It explains thecore financial market business of these institutions and considershow they have become the firms that we see today, providing readerswith a clear understanding of which market sectors are likely tosee the most involvement from the different types of institutionand, importantly, why they are involved in these market areas. <p>Key features include: * a series of case studies looking at examples of some of theseinstitutions including an explanation of the EIB and the UK agencyUKFI. They also look at the financial crisis and the impact on AIGand Northern Rock, two institutions that clearly illustrate whatcan go wrong and how the other market players have to step in whenthis happens. * an international perspective looking at representativeinstitutions from Europe, Asia and North America, showing globalsimilarities and differences. * a Post Financial Crisis perspective on the structure ofinternational banks in today's markets. * coverage of the major players on both the buy and sell side ofthe market <p>Written in plain English, Market Players is an accessibleand much needed guide to financial institutions, equipping readerswith the kwledge to better understand how the global financialmarkets really work.
- Author BiographyGAIL ROLLAND has been involved with financial markets formore than twenty-five years, initially working on the dealing desksof a number of international banks in London and New York andlatterly as a financial markets trainer and consultant at RollandConsultancy. Through both her hands-on experience and consultancyshe brings an in-depth knowledge of the infrastructure of theindustry of banking and financial markets to this book. <p>As a consultant she works on an international basis with a widerange of clients including banks, insurance companies and financialtechnology firms, providing training and management and strategicconsultancy on a variety of topics.
- Author(s)Gail Rolland
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/11/2010
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight668 g
- Width157 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.