All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive overview of the key principles and challenges involved in tourism marketing in a national park context. It provides a framework to apply marketing principles to inform practices and guide the sustainable management of national parks and protected areas. The main themes address the foundation principles of marketing and contextualise these principles around a series of key insights and challenges related to the delivery of sustainable tourism services in national parks. The book centres on the issues faced by park managers as they address the need to manage national parks sustainably for future generations. It will be of interest to natural resource and tourism students, tourism scholars and natural resource managers as well as researchers in the areas of geography and forestry.
- Author BiographyStephen L. Wearing is Associate Professor at the University of Technology Sydney, Australia and has worked in the field for 25 years. His research interests include ecotourism, community based and volunteer tourism, environmentalism, the sociology of leisure and tourism and social sciences in protected area management. Stephen Schweinsberg is Lecturer in Sustainable Management at the University of Technology Sydney Business School, Australia and his research focuses on tourism and rural community interactions and national park based tourism management. John Tower is Senior Lecturer in Recreation and Sport Management at Victoria University, Australia. He has worked in the leisure, recreation and sport industry for over 30 years with a particular interest in community sport and recreation participation and the delivery of community sport and recreation services.
- Author(s)John Tower,Stephen L. Wearing,Stephen Schweinsberg
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Series TitleAspects of Tourism
- Series Part/Volume Number72
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight267 g
- Width155 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.