All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarketing and Managing Tourism Destinations is a comprehensive and integrated textbook which uniquely considers both destination marketing and management in one volume. It focuses on how destination marketing is planned, implemented and evaluated as well as the management and operations of destination marketing and management organizations, how they conduct business, major opportunities, challenges and issues they face to compete for the global leisure and business travel markets. This textbook provides students with: A solid introduction to destination marketing strategy and planning, to organization and support planning and then to operations, implementation and evaluation, as well as major issues, challenges and expected new directions for destination marketing, management and Destination Management Organizations (DMOs). A unique systematic model to manage and market destinations. Core concepts are supported with well integrated international case studies to show the practical realities of marketing and managing destinations as well as the need to take a flexible and adaptive approach to managing different destinations around the world. To encourage reflection on main themes addressed and spur critical thinking, discussion questions and links to further reading are included in each chapter. This accessible yet rigorous text provides students with an in-depth overview of all the factors and issues which are important to consider to make a destination successful.
- Author BiographyAlastair M. Morrison is the President and CEO of Belle Tourism International Consulting (BTI) in the People's Republic of China and a Distinguished Professor Emeritus specializing in the area of tourism and hospitality marketing and management in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Purdue University, USA.
- Author(s)Alastair M. Morrison
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/02/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note170 black & white illustrations, 36 black & white tables, 76 black & white halftones, 94 black & white line drawings
- Weight1043 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.