Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe general theme of Volume 24 is the impact of, and reaction to, the spread of market systems and market liberalization by local communities. Part I examines cases in which migration has opened new market and entrepreneurial opportunities to local populations. Part II contains cases that describe ethgraphically the impacts the oil industry market has had on towns of Louisiana's Gulf coast. The essays of Part III concern themselves with community repercussions that recent neoliberal market policies have had, while Part IV contains papers that analyse the process in which values of products and services are defined ecomically, culturally and politically in the context of developing markets and commoditization. This book focuses on market systems and market liberalization in local communities. Specific topics addressed include the oil industry and the gulf coast, negotiating values in the market, and many more. The international case examples provide a global perspective.
- PublisherEmerald Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/03/2006
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleResearch in Economic Anthropology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 24
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight698 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byC. Werner,Norbert Dannhaeuser
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.