Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionMechanical engineers must solve complex problems, day after day. This book is the perfect helper. Whether you're in your first month on the job, your tenth year, or still in the classroom, the problem-solving techniques in this book will help you survive - and thrive.Based on McGraw-Hill's Marks' Standard Handbook for Mechanical Engineers , the most widely used reference in the field, this unique refresher course/self-teaching tool/skill builder can help you: hone problem-solving skills with 100s of solved and practice examples that force you to approach problems from different angles; survive the weeding-out freshman and sophomore years of engineering when you must prove you can handle the math; overcome the most difficult aspect of engineering - the mathematical problems; polish and improve your most valuable engineering asset - problem-solving techniques; build skills in all core areas - statics, dynamics, and strength of materials; target areas of difficulty; and, find answers to practice problems. Mathematical theory is fully described in easy to understand language. The reading is concise and easy to follow. You'll easily find answers to the questions that you ask. Problem sets for a foundation in mechanical engineering.
- Author BiographyLarry Silverberg is a professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at North Carolina State University. He has been teaching engineering college students for almost 20 years, and has received many awards for teaching and research excellence. James P. Thrower is a very talented Ph.D. graduate student who is working under the direction of Dr. Larry Silverberg at North Carolina State University. Both authors reside in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Author(s)James P. Thrower,Larry Silverberg
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2001
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleProblem Solvers
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Publishing Co.
- Out-of-print date05/04/2008
- Content Note1
- Weight569 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.