All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionSo, this dude comes up from the city to take an eco-writing workshop at a little college in way-rthern Vermont, where I happen to teach watershed analysis, wildlife habitat, advanced chain saw, and self-defense for women. He's t my type--actually, manhas been my type for a while w, but I bumped into him on campus, and he turned out to be teachable, and kind of attractive in a ir, 1950's American clueless hetero male jackass John Wayne kind of way. Had creases on his pants I really wanted to mess up. Drove a Buick! Also, he made me laugh--a lot--and that can go a long way to breaking down barriers. We spent the night together: we went dancing; I showed him my favorite swimming hole--I played a bit with his fear of being alone up here in the forest in the middle of the night. I thought, put him through some paces; maybe he won't mind joining the fight against wind turbines on our ridgelines. We're already an eclectic lot: me with my tattoos and dreadlocks, a few of my lumbersexual students, some of the old farm wives still sportin' granny dress couture, skinny science guys with pocket protectors, fighting monster turbinesSo, it was an interesting night, to hear him tell about it ...
- Author BiographyPETER GOULD is a founder of youth Shakespeare camps around Northern Vermont, and a professor of meditation-for-conflict-transformation at Brandeis University. Peter was a member of the original back-to-the-land movement in Vermont in the 1970's, a way of life he has chronicled in fictional form in the novels Burnt Toast (Alfred A. Knopf, 1971) and Write Naked (Farrar, Straus, & Giroux, 2008). Peter has worked to perfect his ear for dialogue in more than 4000 live physical theater performances (Gould & Stearns, etc) all over the world, and in directing young people in more than 70 theater productions. His experimental novella, MARLY, was conceived and begun at the Wildbranch Writers Workshop at Sterling College, Vermont, in 2011 and published by Green Writers Press in 2015.
- Author(s)Peter Gould
- PublisherGreen Writers Press
- Date of Publication16/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreen Writers Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight124 g
- Width128 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.